The following are the objectives of the Manipur Science and Technology Council:
to identify areas in which Science, Technology and Environment can be utilised for the achievement of the socio-economic objectives of the State and in particular, tacking the problems of backwardness and underprivileged section of society.
- to advise on policies and measures necessary to promote Science, Technology and Environment and their utilisation for a achievement of socio-economic objectives.
- to initiate, support, promote and co-ordinate Research and Development projects and programmes, including demonstration projects which are likely to be relevant to the problems, surveys and optimum utilisation of natural resources of the State.
- to promote and undertake activities for the popularisation of Science and technology and the spread of a scientific temper and attitude among the people of the State.
- to supplement and complement of on-going technical efforts of the State Government.
- to interact with other State, National and International Science and Technology bodies having similar or related objectives.
- to identify priority areas of Science, Technology & Environmental needs for long term development of the State.
- to safeguard and promote the ecology and environment in the State of Manipur.
- to accept donations, raise subscription and receive grants, loans and subsidies from Government of India, Government of Manipur and other supportive agencies in India and aboard and to invest the resource towards the achievement of the objectives of the Council.