Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) play a key role in gaining an advantageous position in the competitive technological game for economic growth. India enjoys a large asset of R&D personnel and infrastructural facilities. Scientists and policy makers need more information, orientation and facilities for protecting the products of intellectual prowess of Indian scientists. As a step in this direction, a single window Patent Facilitating Cell now called Centre (PFC), was created by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India at the Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), an autonomous body under DST in June 1995 with the following objectives:
- Introduce patent information as a vital input in the process of promotion of R&D programmes.
- Provide patenting facilities to scientists and technologists in the country for Indian and foreign patents on a sustained basis.
- Keep a watch on developments in the area of IPR and make important issues known to policy makers, scientists, industry etc.
- Create awareness and understanding relating to patents and the challenges and opportunities in this area including arranging of workshops, seminars, conferences etc.
Patent Information Centre, Manipur
Patent Information Centre (PIC), Manipur was setup on 25/03/1998 at the Directorate of Science & Technology and Information Technology, Govt. of Manipur, Imphal under the supervision of Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi. The PIC Manipur has been transferred to MASTEC from the Department of Science & Technology and Information Technology, Government of Manipur on 30/10/08.
Objectives the Centre
- To create awareness about IPRs, especially patents, in the state of Manipur and neighbouring region of this centre and enable patent searches for the universities, industry, government departments and R&D institutions in the State and around.
- To analyze the patent information on a regular basis and suggest new programmes for R&D based on such information.
- Guide the inventors in respect of patenting their inventions.
- Patent granted
Pedal Operated Rice Mill (a portable rice huller)
Inventor : Thingujam Surendranath Singh
Patent No. : 213240 Granted on : 07/04/1998
- Patent Application submitted to TIFAC
Dry Fish Fermented Technology in Manipur
- Thingujam Surendranath Singh
- Khumanlambam Rakesh
- Guru Aribam Diana
- Reprinted for Circulation - "Some Questions and Answers"
- Connected 1 BSNL Line with broadband - 2445121
- Thingujam Surendranath Singh, Executive Director, MASTEC
- Dr. R.K. Pritamjit Singh, Scientific Officer, MASTEC
- L. Surjit Singh, Junior Research Fellow
Patent Information Centre (PIC), Manipur
Manipur Science & Technology Council (MASTEC)
Science & Technology Complex, Takyelpat, Imphal - 795001, Manipur
Phone: +91-385-2460037, 2443451