Activity Report of MASTEC for March 2018
1. The six weeks Technology based EDP on Food Processing for Bishnupur District organised at Moirang, Bishnupur District concluded on 29th March 2018. Altogether 36 participants comprising of 25 male and 11 female successfully participated the programme.
2. The Display Unit of the Technologies of BARC, DAE, Govt. of India at MASTEC Complex, Takyelpat, Imphal West was inaugurated on 15th March 2018. Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister, Manipur inaugurated the centre in presence of the Secretary, Science & Technology, Govt. of Manipur and Er. S.K.Gupta, Head, TT & CD, BARC, Mumbai.
3. The Council participated in the 105 Indian Science Congress held at Manipur University during March 16-20, 2018 by opening its science stall/ pavilion. The activities of the Council were displayed during the congress in the form of information booklets, publications, banners/flex, display of patented items, interaction with visitors etc.
4. The State level Aquarium exhibition cum Flower show was organised during March 19 - 27, 2018 at Manipur Science Aquarium Complex, Imphal.
5. The 4 Days Training Workshop on Hands on Science for the science teachers of Hill districts of Manipur was organised during March 21-24, 2018 at the training hall of Youth Hostel, Imphal. The Deputy Chief Minister, Manipur inaugurated the training workshop. Altogether 42 science teachers from different schools in the hill districts participated the training workshop.
1. Water Filtration Units at SC/ST Areas.
The Installation & Evaluation of Water filtration Units using BARC Technology in Imphal West district is going on in SC/ST areas in Manipur. The civil construction works as well as installation of equipment is in progress in the project areas.
2. The Council is carrying out projects namely Manipur Science Aquarium, Patent Information Centre (PIC) and Intellectual Property Facilitating Centre (IPFC).